It’s a new month once again and at this time I always find myself reviewing my blog statistics, looking for top search phrases, things to improve on, etc. I look at which search phrases landed the most visitors to my blog, and, I also look at those at the bottom of the pile, leaving me with only 1 visit for that particular keyword. I call these One hit wonders. Of course, normally all pages with content will land a couple of oddly mixed keywords, some may be targeted but others are just plain lucky.
Normally, I wouldn’t even give importance to these keywords but looking at my April statistics, I realized that I got 677 unique visits from one hit wonders. That’s 50% of the total number of unique keywords I got (all based in Awstats), and 330 more than March’s 347.
But, it’s when I look at these keywords that I figured, most of them are relevant to my blog’s content. If not, theÂ searcher probably landed an answer to whatever question he or she had. So I guess it’s time to give these one hit wonders more importance and I guess the best thing to do is to weigh how much of these queries found an answer in your blog. And, as long as the higher percentage belongs to the found what I’m looking for category, I guess you’re doing fine.
Still, here are the funny ones that landed in my blog:
- “marc elvis verzo” – a relative perhaps?
- “where is my nearest dermatologists?” – ok, first of all, where are you from?
- “destiny cable internet any good?” – this was probably answered by my Zpdee post, still, funny how one asks the search engine.
- “lesbian” – really!?
- “bakla statistics” – perhaps someone coming out of the closet?
- “what to do when i lost my id and cant cash my checks” – I hope you’re not trying to cash a check that’s not yours!